- Containers must display a valid identification code in accordance with ISO 6346, including details of height or height and width, and be provided with a valid CSC plate with the due date of the next inspection or with proof of participation in the ACEP programme.
- The top and bottom corner fittings must be in good working condition.
Container design and inspection specifications
- CSC: The technical requirements for containers are set down in the standards of the International Convention for Safe Containers (CSC). It is important that containers are marked with an appropriate plate and that the date of the next reinspection has not passed. As a rule, there is a period of five years between the date of manufacture and the first reinspection of a container. The official licence is subsequently renewed after inspection at intervals of 30 months. If the container is registered with the so-called ACEP programme, the date of inspection given on the plate is irrelevant in respect of the transport permit.
- As a general rule, transport will be refused for containers without a valid CSC plate or an appropriate label to confirm participation in ACEP. If a container is neither an ISO container (code "ic") nor a container approved in accordance with UIC leaflet 592-4*, it must be treated as a swap body and issued with a yellow code number plate.
- ACEP: If a container is registered with the Approved Continuous Examination Program (ACEP), this means that the owner of the container takes responsibility for the necessary checks, maintenance and repairs. Participation in the ACEP programme is recorded on or near the CSC plate. In this case the date of a reinspection is not required on the CSC plate.
Who to contact
for Transport Guidelines:
Manager Terminals, Process Organisation & Projects / Deputy Head of Operations Phone +49 69/7 95 05-3 17 E-Mail email@example.com
Terminals, Process Organisation & Projects Phone +49 69/7 95 05-346 E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Terminals, Process Organisation & Projects Phone +49 69/7 95 05-3 34 E-Mail email@example.com