- The armatures on tank containers must be closed.
- The blind flange on tank containers must be attached.
- The protection cap for armatures must be in locked position.
- The dome covers and any covering caps must be locked.
- Any attachments, such as fill nozzles, must not overshoot the outer frame of the tank container.
- Any bands around the tank must be in excellent condition and fit precisely. It is imperative that the insulation of the tank container is not visible and does not protrude.
- Tank containers with ascending aids require a sign warning of overhead electrical danger (ISO 6346). The label must be also be affixed near the ascending aid.
- Any frames, ascending aids and steps must not be damaged and must be in full working order.
- Any insulation must generally be in an excellent condition and in fully working order.
- The subsequent attachment of additional fittings is not permitted.
- In the case of hazardous goods in particular, the payload must not adhere to the exterior of the tank container.
These regulations also apply for empty uncleaned tank containers.